CALL / REQUEST FOR BUSINESS PLANS / PROPOSALS FOR THE NPO SECTOR FOR 2023/24 FINANCIAL YEAR
THE MPUMALANGA DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT HEREWITH INVITES NON-PROFIT ORGANISATIONS (NPO’s) TO SUBMIT FUNDING APPLICATIONS TO PROVIDE HIV PREVENTION, CARE AND SUPPORT SERVICES IN NKANGALA DISTRICT AND GERT SIBANDE DISTRICT ON
BEHALF OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department is hereby calling all interested Non Profit Organisations (NPO’s) based and working in the province to implement HIV prevention, care and support services aimed at reducing new HIV infections and mitigate the impact thereof. The Department has developed a Compendium of Social and Behaviour Change Programmes implemented following a multidisciplinary and a multi sectoral approach of community development and delivered as an integral part of social protection services in partnership with Non Profit Organisations. Priority will be given to services targeting rural and disadvantaged areas in line with the National Development Plan and Provincial priorities. Awareness programmes will not be funded due to budgetary constraints. The call is directed to registered Non-Profit Organisations/Non-Governmental Organisations within the Mpumalanga Province that wish to partner with the Department of Social Development in providing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and support services across the human lifespan in Gert Sibande District (Mkhondo, Dipaleseng, Lekwa, Seme, Albert Luthuli and Msukaligwa) and Nkangala District (Emalahleni, Emakhazeni, Steve Tshwete, Thembisile Hani and Victor Khanye).
1. NPO’s must be registered (and compliant to the provisions) of the Non-Profit Organisations Act, No. 71, 1997 and Not for Profit Companies (NPC’s) must be registered (and
compliant to the provisions) of the Companies Act, No. 71 of 2008
2. The above registrations must be current, and proof of validity in a form of a compliance letter from National Department of Social Development must be included in the
funding application. Organisations that have been deregistered will automatically be disqualified.
3. The Governing body must at least comprise of 5 or more people (Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson, Secretary, Deputy Secretary and Treasurer) who are unrelated. The
Governing body refers to those responsible for governance in a non-profit organisation and who will accept the fiduciary responsibility to ensure compliance.
4. The NPO and its operations must be based in Mpumalanga province.
5. All proposals for funding must be within the Social Development mandate and should be done following the format as provided, the Department’s application form business plan in line with the Service Specifications.
6. The submission of proposals does not guarantee approval of funding, as it is subject to the availability of budget.
HOW TO APPLY
An Application Package, consisting of Business Plan format and detailed service specifications can be obtained from the nearest Department of Social Development office in Nkangala District and Gert Sibande District and the Department’s website.
X4 copies of the business plan / proposal should be submitted to the nearest Department of Social Development office in Nkangala District and Gert Sibande District by 31 July 2023
Proposals received after the closing date will not be considered.
The following officials can be contacted for more information:
Provincial Office: Ms. Huvy Mnisi at Mbombela Square Building, No 45 West Acres Nelspruit on (013) 766 3652
Gert -Sibande District: Ms. Sibongile at Khumalo102 Wedgewood Avenue, Ermelo, 2350 on (017) 819 7672
Nkangala District: Ms. Mtlaki Mashego at 22 Beatty Avenue, Witbank, 1035 on (013) 658 4100